Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Thirty Pounds Gone in Just Six Months – Joey Mullick's Better Living Fitness Journey

Six months ago, Joey Mullick decided it was time to hire a personal trainer to help him lose weight. Today, he's roughly thirty pounds lighter and has lost two pants sizes – and he gives Better Living Fitness a lot of credit for helping him feel better about his body.

Joey Mullick workin' it with trainer Jesse Richards
Joey decided it was time to do something about his weight after moving to Ann Arbor from Chicago with his wife Vasvi.

“I was at a point where I'd kept gaining weight over the years, and I really wanted to focus on losing it,” Joey says. “I thought personal training was the only way for me to go. I didn't know what I was doing in a gym, and didn't feel I'd have the discipline to stick to a program on my own.”

Fortunately, Joey didn't have to spend a lot of time searching for a personal trainer here in Ann Arbor, because his parents have been working with Better Living Fitness trainers Mark Thiesmeyer and Joey Smith for several years now.

After Joey's initial consultation, Mark assigned Jesse Richards to help Joey achieve his weight loss goals.

“I was a little surprised because Jesse is younger than me, and I was a bit concerned that he might not be as knowledgeable as Mark, for example, or Joey Smith,” Joey says. “But it turned out that Jesse's technical background is solid, and he really knows what he's doing.”

Not only is he a fitness expert – but like all Better Living personal trainers, Jesse also supports Joey in achieving his specific goals.

"Strength isn't a big deal to me,” Joey says. “I'm kind of weird in that I don't think about the weights I can lift or how flexible I am – losing those pants sizes and the fact that my clothing fits more loosely are the things that matter to me.”

Joey adds that working out with Better Living Fitness has become a real family affair. In addition to Joey and his parents, Joey's wife Vasvi also works with a Better Living personal trainer – and the entire family has seen solid improvements in their health, fitness, and weight.

“Better Living personal trainers are definitely the right pick for anyone who is looking at getting into exercise for the first time, or if you want to get back into working out,” Joey says. 

Whether you want to lose weight like Joey -- or work on your strength, overall health, or get an early start preparing for the spring and summer sports you love -- we're ready to help! Start your personal training journey today with a free consultation.

No comments: