Friday, September 26, 2008

Get lean with evening exercise!

If you have ever tried to lose just 5 or 10lbs, you know how hard it can be to take the last bit of fat off. In preparing for a shirtless photo shoot, I worked for a month to get more definition in my mid-section. I lost close to 10lbs by working out a bit harder than usual and watching my diet strictly. Here are the strategies that worked for me:

  • Each week I completed 3 1-hr strength training sessions.
  • I ate a high-fiber, low-sugar breakfast cereal with soymilk each morning.
  • I based my diet around fruits, vegetables, whole-grains and legumes with 4-5 more small meals (400-500kcal) eaten before 6pm.
  • Around 7pm, I jogged hard for 30-40 minutes then ate no more food for the rest of the day.
  • I drank a couple glasses of sugar-free lemonade (e.g., Crystal Light) each night after exercising and went to bed somewhat hungry.
  • Each morning I would wake up feeling less hungry (and with less body fat!) than when I went to bed.

You can view a picture from the photo shoot on the blogsite (link below).


**************************************************
Do you want more messages on this subject? Leave your feedback at http://www.betterlivingnewsbites.blogspot.com/.

No comments: